iMessage for Windows PC is one of the best applications which has ever come to existence from the iOS team. Of course, anything and everything the iOS team has ever developed is rich in at least one aspect - Quality.
So that's what we can expect from the iOS team in this case too, ofcourse. iMessage has all the features you might want with an instant messaging platform, except one! Just like all other iOS programs. It's end-to-end! Meaning, it's supported only on iOS devices.
So that's the reason I'm writing this piece here today to help you out with getting it to work with other platforms and OS's too.
What is iMessage
iMessage is a perfect name when it comes to this platform. For two primary reasons. First being that, iMessage stands for i-Apple INC Messages. Right? Just like iOs and iMac, it's the iMessages this time.
But if you're looking for a second, more practical and reasonable meaning, let me give it to you. The I Also means "Instant" messages. Well, it might not mean that officially but that's what I can deduce it to be.
I mean iMessage is an instant messaging platform is it not? So, of course, using i-Message sounds logical because that would make it instant-messages, totally cool. And definitely more practical reason than using it just because it's from Apple.
So yeah iMessage is an end-to-end Instant messaging platform that lets you connect to your buddies, (of course even enemies) with a tap on the screen. And exchange instant messages.
Now there already are awesome applications like Whatsapp, Kik, Hike available out on this planet, right? So what made iMessages popular? There must be some reasons, right?
So here's what iMessage offers and what made it popular.
- Group Texts - This is the primary feature that made iMessages popular and is the reason why you're seeking iMessage on Windows 7/8/10 today! Now they might be common, but back when iMessages was launched, Group text was not much of an everyday luxury, so yeah it went viral.
- UnMonitored Number of Messages - iMessage doesn't keep count on how many messages you send. It's completely free and careless. Meaning to say it lets you send unlimited messages without any restrictions or limitations.
- Get Delivery Status - Yeah something that makes it even more interesting. You get a complete report if the message has been sent if it has been delivered, and if it has been read. So yeah ignoring you? Not possible.
- Free - I don't think this even needs to be mentioned. iMessage is totally and 100% free! You don't pay a penny, ever, for using it. Just
loginto it, and start texting your pals.
Okay so now you know what iMessage is isn't it? But hey, wait till you hear the rest of the story! You won't believe iMessage is also loaded with features you never thought possible.
- Location Indicator - This is a feature in iMessage that instantly lets all your friends know what your location is or where you are. This one is particularly helpful if you're organizing a party or something, then you can just send a message that says "Party" with your location. Those who know you well enough would know how lazy you are and that you're a party geek and they'd be at the spot without you needing to send any more location details. The benefit of this feature is that your friends might not always know the location if your send them the location as "text", instead if you use this feature your friends get an embedded map along with your location! See? They just have to follow the map!
Steps to Share your location iMessage - Message > Tap on Details > Tap on Share my Location.
- Mute Mode - Well iMessage has the feature to let you know whenever you get a new message by a ringtone, vibration or anything else you set, right? What if you're in a meeting or something and don't want to get disturbed? Or just aren't comfortable with the cell phone ringing up
everytimethere's a new message? And this becomes an extreme irritation if you're in a group message! Ever second there's a new message from one of the members and the cell phone speakers just never quit.
Steps to enable 100% Mute mode on iMessage - Message> Tap on Details > Tap on do not disturb!
How to Get iMessage for Windows PC?
Finally down to the question If you've got a windows PC you can't run iMessage on it officially! Because ofcourse iMessage is you've been dying to get answered huh? so damn awesome that the iOs team doesnt want other OS's sharing the awesomeness.
So yeah they didn't launch an official version. So what? When has it ever stopped the internet from doing things that weren't originally meant to be done?
So in order to download iMessage on Windows,
- Download iPedian - iPedian is an iOS emulator, in simple English, it means that it's something that would trick the iMessage application and tell it that it's running on iOS and not on Windows. Once you run it,m you'd almost forget that you're on a Windows system, because the interface is going to change totally, and you're going to have the look and feel of an iOS system on your windows native system! Hence, if you're not being able to distinguish between the difference, how will iMessage do so?
- Once you've got iPedian, open it and head for the search box. Type "iMessage" over in the search box. That would bring up the download page of iMessage so just hit the download button.
- Wait couple minutes till the download process is over, once it's completely downloaded just hit iPedian again, click on iMessages, and run it! Simple as that.
Over to You:-
So that was how you can download and use iMessage on Windows PC! No rocket science there, it's all just the magic of an iOs emulator that goes by the name iPedian.
iPedian is totally legal and free to use, hence you don't have to worry about any hidden strings. So that was it. In case you're confused or got a query make use of the comment box!